Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Everyone's watching to see what you will do Everyone's looking at you

Today is Tuesday. I am excited. As soon as today is finished, it will be Wednesday. And so on and so forth. Really, what I'm writing about is the weekend.

I really only see my boyfriend during the weekend, since he lives kind of far away from the city. He occasionally comes in for important things, such as baseball games, my birthday, harry potter, etc. I'm not complaining; I know I would love to see him everyday all day 24/7, but that's not possible. But, this is how life is. And I'm ok with it for right now, there's not much I can do about it.

But this is not what I wanted to write about. It's that I wanted to write about the weekend. The weekend is such an interesting time. I think in college, or any school age, you really take it for granted. Sure, it's a break from your week, but it's not like you stayed in every night in college. NO. Some days you only had three classes, some days less than that. Looking back, the weekend was just a time to do nothing and to take a break from your week. Not to say it isn't the same, weekends are to take breaks. But the point of the weekend evolves as you get older. At this age, it's to not be at work for 8 hours a day and to have free time during the day to yourself. In college, when it was nice out, you sat outside between classes. When you work, if it's nice out, you look at the weather from your window. Maybe you can step out for lunch, but that's only an hour max. It's different. When it's not nice during the weekend, you get upset, because it was nice during the week and you couldn't enjoy it. As we get older, the weekends are going to turn into getting to spend quality time with the children, your husband/wife, cleaning your house. I just think it's very interesting that it is so different from what age group you are in.

That said, I wish it was Friday soooooo bad.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I agree about the weekend shift. I think it's been a year since we graduated and I no longer lust for booze on Friday at 5. I look forward to getting up early going to a different workout class and spending time outside. I am not looking forward to the cold weather... :(
What are your plans this weekend? Wanna bring the man friend to the Rose's lake house this weekend?

Rico said...

Well, this weekend I was going to have people over and invite you! Hahahahaha. I can see how Patrick feels about the lake house but sometimes he's afraid of the sun bc he burns. :(

or hahahahahaha :)

Lexie said...

The weekends always throw me off because it's not like I dont have tons of stuff to do ... plus I work about 16 hours between sat. and sun. - so more time is eaten up than when I'm in class during the week!

MAN though spring term last year I only had class T/Th ... so it was like 4 day weekend!!! .. but boy did wednesdays suck!!