Thursday, January 15, 2009

See, Here's the Thing

Yesterday I watched A TON of tv. Seriously. More tv than I usually watch. Aka from 7-11pm. Now, for those of you who were friends with me in college (aka everyone), this may not seem surprising. I was always watching tv cause I love it. However, since I've moved home and have started working, I tend to watch much less tv. Usually that's because I come home and get on the internet to talk to my friends. However, since the one person I usually talk to on a regular basis suuuuuuuuuuuucks, I have been spending more time in front of the television. Which is probably not a good thing. Ruh roh.

In any case, here is what I watched yesterday:

7-9: No bullshit. I watched American Idol. Every year, I'm like "Oh, I won't watch it this year," and then I get sucked in at the very beginning. It will quite possibly be even worse this year because there won't be dance practice/nice weather to draw me away from the two nights that it comes on television. But I'm pretty sure I really like American Idol because I really love music. If I don't listen to a little bit of music everyday I feel strange; I find people won't don't listen to music everyday weird.

9-10: Top Chef New York. Are you kidding me, this is my favorite show. Probably because I love food. And competition. I used to think Tom Colicchio was hot, but I'm over that phase in my life. Padma, on the other hand, is always attractive. (Also, whoever the a-hole is on wikipedia that put spoilers on the Season 5 info page FOR SHAME, I was almost just spoiled)

10-11: The Real World: Brooklyn. Obviously a guilty pleasure, but this year there is a transgendered woman. So it's kind of more real. Also, this cast has not been wasted 24/7 like the other past casts, so they are automatically winning. And they have to have their own jobs, CRAZY. There's this one girl, Baya, who is trying to be a dancer and they keep showing her dancing, so I have to judge. I think part of it is because I dance myself, and I would never do it to offend her, I just think that dancers critique other dancers because that's the only way to get better? In any case, her upper body does strange things that I don't understand. It's like, the lower half of her body has complete and total control and can be on beat but the upper part struggles. So hopefully she has already worked on that.

Basically, I just introduced you to my Wednesday nights. Best night of the week, my friends. Also, It's hump day!
Can't beat that.

Also, WGCI played a 30 minute Biggie mixtape today and it just might have saved my life.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Erica-
This is my night Monday-Thurs. I kinda feel bad about it, but it is so yucky out and there is nothing else to do!