Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Girl. You'll Be a Woman. Soon

So I wrote this long entry and then blogspot deleted it. THANKS A LOT. I will try to recreate the genius that I wrote ten minutes ago.

It's March and that can only mean one thing: NCAA Tourney. And filling out brackets! When I was six I used to DREAD March because the only thing we could watch at night was basketball, and I was not into it at all. But now, as an older soul, I can tell you that I kind of like it. No, I don't watch every game, but I still enjoy the season. Especially filling out brackets. It's like a ritual: who do you think is going to win, whose statistics are better, can you choose the underdog to win it all? It's just all very interesting. I could fill out brackets all day. Seriously. And think of all the different combinations you can make! It's a math major's dream.
(I am not a math major)
The other good part about March Madness is that I don't really have any allegiances to any teams, so in brackets, I can choose who is actually going to perform better without feeling like a shithead. Yeah D3 schools! the only schools that I have any sort of alliance too include Kansas and Illinois. That's about it. Sometimes Georgetown, if they're good enough to be included (they were not this year). I've been filling out like a bracket a day. Anyone want to start a pool?

I heard a rumor that governor Quinn is about to stop sales tax for ten days. I will spend SO MUCH money during those days, it will be ridiculous. Ok, I won't, but it will be nice to not have to pay a sales tax. (10 days in August, but only for clothes, shoes and supplies)

Siki made his status about Pepper Ann and now all I want to do is watch Pepper Ann/the theme song is stuck in my head.

Everytime I go to the library, I can't not get any books. Like, today I was just returning books, especially since my dad just bought me books. Oh well, apparently I didn't give a shit, cause I checked out four books, and I just checked out four books four days ago. Who am I?
I guess a person who likes to read.
I finished Confessions of a Shopaholic today (I opted to read the book and not see the movie) and I was geniunly intrigued by how well she wrote about people who impulsively shop. But also, it was frightening because I'm pretty effing close, I won't lie.
More on that...another day

No comments: