Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ain't Ain't I Real

So I will explain my lack of updates in that my basement flooded twice. The first time it flooded, my power cord got destroyed, therefore I couldn't use my laptop. The second time it flooded, my internet got messed up, therefore I had a laptop with no power + no internet = I'm really not able to do anything. So that's messed up. But I'm back, and it's exciting/It's time to start applying for school. Wamp wamp. But I need to so that when I move I can pretend like there was a reason other than me not wanting to live in the Ho-Flo. Not that there's anything wrong with the Ho-Flo, and I'm sure about to go to Wal-Mart and look for those Taylor Swift sundresses, I just feel like I'm going to get stuck int he south suburbs. And I don't want to do that. This has never really been my plan. And yes, I failed at the beginning of my Americorps experience in that Meggan asked if anyone wanted to be roomates and I said no, when really, I should have said yes, because Meggan and I actually get along really well. So that was my mistake. Basically, my life has consisted of a lot of mistakes, but you know. That's how you learn and grow, so I guess I can't really hate.

Also, if you'll note, it is 8:44 am on a Saturday. I woke up an hour ago. I have a huge sleeping problem, and everyone knows this. I wake up super early all the time and occasionally can't sleep through the whole night. It is especially awful if I am worrying about something before bed, because I will wake up like 4 hours later and worry some more. It's an intense problem, one I'm trying to deal with without psychologically drugs. Mainly because at some point, I do want to have children, and I'm pretty positive I can't take drugs everyday on that one. But last night what I was worrying about was how I was going to pay for my apartment after Americorps is over. The only awkward thing about my Americorps program ending is that it ends July 17th. Normally, I would just try to be a camp counselor, since I like kids and I could make a decent amount of money. However, I have to work full time until July 17th, so that's a no go. And who can say if ESPN Zone will have a hostess job open. (You may laugh, but that's like actually my dream job. Especially during the summer, where all that will be on is BASEBALL)
So I get worried. Naturally. Also, it doesn't help when my mom harass me about it because she really doesn't want me to move. At all. Which I yell at her all the time about not being supportive because she should be. But whatever, it's because she won't really have a built in babysitter anymore, and that's a problem that she has to figure out. Not me.

What else? I saw the Watchmen and thought it was fabulous. Apparently, there are a lot of critics who hate it, but I thought it was pretty fair and true to the graphic novel. And yes, it sucks that some parts were cut out, but the movie was already 3 hours long. I don't think I could have sat through much more, and I love the graphic novel. Just sayin.

I went to Knox last weekend to see the Terp show and it was weird. Because I wasn't in it. I haven't actually watched a Terp show in the audience since my freshman year winter term. I didn't even see it my freshman year fall term. So it was a weird experience, and I have to say. I kind of didn't like it. I won't lie.

I guess this is growing up.

1 comment:

Married In Chicago said...

glad to see im not the only one up this early on a Saturday!

oh. and moving out just because you dont want to live at home is a TOTALLY viable reason.

((((hugs))))