Friday, April 17, 2009

Why do you let me stay here

Today, I kind of ditched work. Kind of. We were supposed to work on grant proposals all day, but I instead did mine last night and this morning and just hung out in the nice weather. I'm ok with this fact, because I have to work tomorrow! 9:15-5ish. 6 days straight! I'm so excited that I can't hide it.

Anyway, I was on public transportation a lot today. And also sitting alone a lot, waiting for Molly, Valerie and Ashlee. I observed a lot of different people, which is why I love taking public transport. I am so naturally nosy that people watching is one of my top ten things to do. A quick run down of the what was super interesting today:

1.) I took the 11:15 train into the city. And let me tell you, that train was crowded. With a d-bag ticket collecter guy (what is the correct name for that). Anyway, he totally made all of these people with kids under age 12 pay when I know for a fact that they don't have to. I even saw a sign on the way home in a metra station detailing this same fact. I'm trying to find where it says on the website, but can't find it. In any case, guy was a douche.

2.) There was a group of four high school girls who were discussing people who were protesting Obama. They also discussed religion. And one of them said Catholicism wrong. Like saying "Catholic" and "ism" together. They also said to someone on the phone "I think we're near UIC" (Note: Metra Electric line is NOWHERE NEAR UIC) All in all. Humorous.

3.) A guy on the blue line blatently staring at me. I don't know why people think that's ok. Like, If I look at you while you're staring at me, you should probably look away. Maybe that was his strange way of hitting on me. I don't know.

4.) A girl got into a fight with her boyfriend on the phone. I guess he was supposed to come and meet her and he didn't and she flipped out and was like "Well. I'll just go home by myself instead of waiting twenty minutes for you." And was yelling. Then she waited twenty minutes, read a book, smoked two cigarettes and left. Never saw the boyfriend.

That was just what was noticeable. Then I went to Millenium park and ate lunch and fell asleep. Then I got on the ever crowded 4:08 train and came home. Now I am here. Waiting to figure out when the right time is to go to sleep.

No comments: