Sunday, November 16, 2008

I don't want to be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately

One of my greatest life downfalls, if you will, is that I LOVE One Tree Hill.
Seriously. I can't get enough of it.

Pretty much here's how it happened: in high school, I watched pretty much any tv show on the WB. You name it, I was probably all over it at one point or another. I recognized that these shows were bad, but still. I watched. I also (and this is life's greatest embarrassment) watched TRL all the time. Mainly because I watched since its inception and also because I liked to complain about how TRL played crappy music and not the whole music video. I was semi-elitist as a teen, and hell, probably still am. Anywho, Hilarie Burton was a VJ on TRL and then all of a sudden she was like "you know. I used to be a psych major and then MTV gave me this sweet job so now I'm totally going to try to be an actress." She landed a gig on One Tree Hill, I started watching.
The rest, as they say, is history.

And yes. Part of the reason I watched this show in the past was to make fun of it. Once I got to college, it was purely for comical purposes and also because Megan thought Hilarie Burton was hot. (I would have to disagree, as I am whole-heartedly a Sophia Bush fan). However, I stopped watching because a.) I was in college. I SUPPOSEDLY was doing work and b.) It just got too ridiculous.
Which leads me to now. I started watching this season but then Heroes started coming on so I stopped. Then I stopped watching Heroes altogether because it sucks (very sad) and now I just tool around on the interwebs during the One Tree Hill time slot. However, there is a channel that feeds my One Tree Hill addiction, and that channel is SOAP Net. Quite possibly the greatest invention ever, on Saturday and Sunday Mornings, SOAP Net plays marathons (literally, about six-eight hours) of Beverly Hills 90210 (the original) and One Tree Hill.
They just feed the addiction, which leads me to watching these shows at all times.

Note: Over the summer, SOAP Net also fed my addiction to crappy teenage dramas by playing 2 hours of One Tree Hill, 2 hours of The O.C. and 2 hours of Beverly Hills, 90210. In a row. Everyday. This is how I spent my time when I didn't have a job. I pretty much miss it everyday.

2 comments:

Madeline said...

Remember how I was a nanny for a weeks-old baby? There's not much you can do with a job like that. I watched a LOT of 90210 and a LOT of TLC. My Jon & Kate Plus 8 from two years prior was renewed, and I also watched a few (way) too many movies on HBO/Showtime.

RG said...

How jealous are you that I know Sophia Bush?