Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Body Stay Vicious I be Up in the Gym Just Working on My Fitness

She's my witness...ooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Anyway, so I went and worked out today. Which is not anything new, I LOVE working out. Seriously, I think it's some inherent fatal flaw or something. In any case, as many of us know, I also LOVE dancing. Naturally, I dance and work out at the same time. So today, I was on the elliptical and I was dancing and BOOM I knocked my iPod down. There were guys walking by at the time and they saw and made fun of me and then I was embarrassed. But then I started thinking, why? Why am I embarrassed? Why should I be? I'm working out, I'm trying to burn as many calories as possible which means that dancing and doing the elliptical at the same time is ok. Also, those guys were 16 or 17 and I'm grown. Like, I shouldn't be worried about what people a.) I don't know and b.) younger than me think about myself.

But this led me to wonder about why everyone is embarrassed when working out. Maybe not everyone is, but I think there are a high amount of people who are embarrassed. For instance, in college I didn't go work out when I knew that the sports teams were going to be in the gym becuase I didn't want them to see me. Why? I mean, that one kind of makes sense because my school was so small and I saw someone I knew everytime I was in there. But I think that working out is one of those personal things that is just kind of awkward. For instance, you're using and moving your body in a way that people don't usually see it move, in clothes you don't usually wear and you're sweating. None of these sound particularly attractive, so I guess this embarrassment makes complete and total sense.

It's still effing weird though.

2 comments:

Married In Chicago said...

they made fun of you!?!???! like . .. how? that is totally bogus.

I hate when my ipod drops off the machine. its such a pain to break momentum to get off and get it.

I kind of feel like usually more women than men are embarrassed when working out. What do you think?

Rico said...

i think that's probably true that more women are embarrassed and i think it bothers me that it is that way, but i got embarrassed so i guess i don't count.

yeah they like made fun of my ipod dropping and me dancing at the same time. it was ridic