Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh baby baby if you seek amy tonight OH

Oh Britney Spears. On Sunday, I watched her special Britney: For the Record. I was really excited about it, because duh, I love Britney Spears. However, it really just ended up being kind of depressing, in that Britney's life is kind of depressing. And when I say "depressing" I mean it really, really is. In a section of "For the Record", she tries to go shopping in SoHo. She gets out of the car and there are sooooooooo many paparazzi that she freaks out and you hear her say, over and over "I'm scared. I'm scared." And then they get back in the car and leave. And that sucks. Cause she can't even really get out of the car for fear of like ridiculous amounts of people.

And I know what you're thinking: how can you feel sympathy for this girl? She wanted to be a celebrity, she did this to herself.

And yeah, I'll respond, she did. However, that doesn't mean that she shouldn't be afforded the things in life that we take for granted. She's one of the most followed celebrities in America. I'm sure of it. Even when nothing is going on in her life, there are cameras all over her. And yeah, I know part of it is part of being a celebrity, but it's still really sad. Plus, I like Britney. She may or may not have something wrong in her head, but that doesn't mean that we should follow her around. She does need to have some semblance of life or as she put it "I used to be cool and single."

I mean. Let's just all support Britney.

Originally, this was going to be another post about how awesome Alex Quigley is, but the he didn't play "Possum Kingdom" by the Toadies for me, so now it's about Britney. Expect the rant about Twilight and how it is simultaneously lifting women up and moving the feminist movement back about 50 years. It's coming soon.

2 comments:

The Grand Duchy said...

people can sip on the haterade and talk shit about britney and twilight, but let me tell you something- they aren't truly living. Because until you are have heard circus and see twilight, you can't possibly feel good about being a real person.

i think i might have to see twilight again. i am so serious!

Married In Chicago said...

i support britney!

I dont support her new music, but I support her as a person and feel bad bad for her too. :(