Wednesday, December 10, 2008

This Place is a Prison

So. I am trying not to talk too much about Blagojevich just because I don't think I'm well versed enough in any kind of politics to eloquently explain exactly what I am trying to say and also, I think I voted for him once (I mean, the alternative was Judy Baar Topinka, who in retrospect might have been a good choice). HOWEVER, I will say that I am offended when peopel who are not from Illinois or Chicago, for that matter say to me "Illinois does not care about corrupt politics." And while I think/coudl see that this is possibly true HOWEVER generalizations never go the way that you want them. Isn't something that we learned that generalizations aren't a good way to go about talking about people? Doesn't this statement about Illinois and it's people and their politics reek of some kind of prejuidice? Isn't it not fair to say this about everyone? I can answer that last question with YES it's not fair. I for one am very offended that this is happening and am very offended that our elected official has let us down in many other ways other than this specific instance. In fact, isn't it ok to say that this is almost the icing on the cake? Can't we say that we all pretty much saw this coming? I think it's safe to say yes, but that it's still disappointing none the less. No one is not angry, no one is alright with this happening. So for someone to say that to me is a little offensive, I think. I think it's safe to say that something new in Chicago needs to happen and happen quick.

This post is brought to you by Anderson Cooper, Rachel Maddow and the fact that I keep hearing my fellow Americorps members bashing Chicago/Chicago Style Hot Dogs.

1 comment:

The Grand Duchy said...

i will let people bad mouth illinois politics but not chicago style hot dogs. they can just DIAF frankly.